Monday, January 19, 2015

A Monday pick me up

Ok,  today is blue Monday. Something about this Monday makes everyone blue, it has to something to do with people getting their credit card bills from Christmas and all that stuff. So why not save some money and make a simple hot fudge cake? Sounds good doesn't it? Well let's see how simple it is. 


This is what theirs looks like.... any bet's on what mine will look like?


This is the link for the recipe http://simplybakings.com/?p=1770




HOT FUDGE CHOCOLATE CAKE:


Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
  • ¾ cups granulated sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • ½ cup milk ( I used Almond Fresh)
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1¾ cups hot water
Instructions:



 


  1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9x9 inch pan. 

  • In a large bowl, mix together all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda. Add milk, butter and mix until well combined and pour into the pan. Sprinkle sugar on top of the batter, then add the hot water.

  1. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm or the sauce bubbles.
  2. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Ok I am now waiting for this to cook, but I will admit I licked the bowl and OMG I don't know if I am willing to share the finshed product.

********BREAKING NEWS*********

Ok I submitted a story to Crimson Frost Books mid December. It is my first try at anything over 12,000 words the book is around 20,000 words and I didn't think I had a chance. I somehow got lucky and they said YES!! The book will be out this fall/ winter so please stay tuned. Could you go visit: 

Thank you.

I hope you all enjoy this cake. I will let you know how it turns out.  I am E.J Babcock and I hope you all have a wonderful day/night.  






After pictures: 

Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment