Saturday, October 18, 2014

Surprise Author Number Two.

This is another amazing friend of mine. She writes as extremely well. She is very talented and very swear I sometimes wonder if it was something in the Kool Aid we drank as kids. She is one of the reasons I started to write again.
She is the one and only... Now you thought I would tell you right away. Silly, silly people....


Before I start the interview let me say what a great honor it was to do this interview. Yes we are friends but she was nice enough to take the time and answer some questions for me. I hope you all enjoy this interview as much as I did. 

My questions will be in red the mystery guest in black. I hope it makes it easier to fallow.


    Hi, mystery guest number two could you please introduce yourself to everyone?  
  
       Hi, my name is Nikki Noffsinger. I hail from a small city in Indiana and before you write me off as a soccer mom or a country bumpkin, I assure you that I am anything but. I am a mother of two and I am still married to my high school sweetheart. The running joke is that I am waiting for his life insurance to mature before I bump him off.  We’ve been married for twenty years so there’s a fifty fifty chance he might live Um, I mean we’ll last another twenty.  From a young age, I have been a huge horror movie/book buff and I love just about anything Rock n’ Roll. My favorite holiday is Halloween and so it’s no surprise that all my favorite guys have fangs and claws. 




(I love, love, love her writing!!! Notice a red head like me. Well except she doesn't use dye for hers. )
   
   Would you like to share any work you have done or doing? 

     My first novel that I have had published by Evolutionary Publishing is Cursed Awakening. It is a paranormal romance starring shifters. I don’t want to call them were wolves because that’s not exactly what they are; they are shifters or in Native Lore, Skin Walkers. Cursed Awakening is about Ivy Morgan, who is trying to make a new life for herself after living and enduring a hellish life inside a religious cult. To say she has trust issues is an understatement. Romance is not even on her “To do list” but when she encounters Nyx Wahpeton, that all changes. Nyx Wahpeton and his family have been guardians for the peaceful people that live at the New Hope Reservation.  Finding a mate, let alone a human one is not on his agenda but when he meets Ivy, he finds himself strangely drawn to her. He knows she has a lot of secrets, and he has one really big one.  Nyx wants Ivy to be able to trust him with her secrets, but can he trust her with his?  As their romance blooms, an age old evil threatens not just their existence but everyone’s.  The clans are coming to once again fight an ancient war but can Ivy and Nyx survive a Cursed Awakening? 
      
   These are some reviews off of Amazon.


      Paranormal romance lovers will enjoy the unique world of wolf shifters and other paranormal creatures in Cursed Awakening. Nikki Noffsinger draws the reader in with her broken heroine, Ivy Morgan, who is starting her life over after escaping years of physical and mental abuse at the hands of an elder in a religious cult. Noffsinger realistically portrays Ivy's panic attacks and the lingering fears, making Ivy a sympathetic character. Nyx, a protective wolf shifter, instantly falls for Ivy and does a fantastic job of showing Ivy his love while walking through the various minefields that are Ivy's triggers. Furthermore, his patience and caring make their union sizzle. True to life, Ivy's fears don't magically disappear, but this relationship helps Ivy discover her own inner strength--a beautiful sight to see. Cursed Awakening contains a perfect balance of romance and suspense, carrying the reader through to the perfect ending.

       One more
      I'm still surprised how much I enjoyed this book. The theme and characters are interesting. The story intrigued me to want to know more about their culture, history. I felt the pain knowing what that girl went through. I also loved the names and the cover. I'm looking forward for the next book in the series.
   
     Do you have a favorite genre?

     I love paranormal romance but I have to be honest, I wasn’t always a romance fan. I started out with classical literature and horror novels. Stephen King and Robin Cook were my favorites. Then when I was about sixteen, Anne Rice’s Interview With The Vampire hit and I became consumed with her books.  By the time I was eighteen, I took a break from Anne and the horror genre and discovered I loved historical romance.  When I felt I was getting slightly burned out on those, I just happened to be at the bookstore and not really looking at anything, I discovered J R Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon. I grabbed a few books by them and figured I would read them in time. What happened next was I got addicted to paranormal romance and found myself filled with stories in my head again. I began writing and haven’t stopped since. 

      Did you always want to write or what inspired you to do it? 
   
       I have always loved books and creating stories since I was a young kid. I literally have tubs of notebooks, folders, and loose papers full of stories and poems.  I used to consider it my secret hobby until about six years ago when I leapt into the wonderful world of being a published writer.  
     
    Do you need a nice quiet space to write or are you blasting your music and writing?

          When I write, it’s usually with one or more kids wreaking havoc through the house, the dog barking at intervals or needing to “go out”, the television going, and rock music going. However, there are moments when it is quiet that I find myself being able to bust out some serious word counts. So I don’t have a preference as long as music is thrown in.

If you could give one tip to someone who wants to write what would it be?

Just one tip? Well the biggest is to really have a passion to be a writer. Anyone  virtually anyone can come up with a story or idea but to be a writer one has to eat, sleep, breath, and live to write. Now does that mean everything will be a best seller or even published? Heck no and get used to rejections; thicken up that skin. A writer is someone who writes because it is in their very essence to write. In the early days of civilizations,  there were those who told the stories, passed along news and recorded it. So no matter if you are fiction, non-fiction, or what your genre or medium is, if you have the passion then write. Write and write and write!  Let nothing stand in the way.
  

  What is your big dream? In other words where would you like your writing to take you to in the future?

   My dream is to be a successful author-success to me isn’t defined in money (although we’d all love to make money); it is defined as people loving my stories and feel affected by them in some way or another. To me that is the dream. 

I you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?

     If I could meet anyone living it would be Anne Rice. I have already met Sherrilyn Kenyon but to meet the queen of all Vampire Novels, it would be Anne Rice. Just her biography alone and how she came to be the author she is now would be a dream come true. Dead? Well who wouldn’t I want to meet? I am a huge fan of Charles Dickens, Edgar Allen Poe, The Bronte sisters, Lord Byron, Percy and Mary Shelley, Tennessee Williams, Robert Frost, James Whitcomb Riley, and Maya Angelou. I really have a HUGE plethora of authors and poets I adore. 

Ok because I am me, I had to have some fun questions in there.

Pizza or salad?

Pizza (although I do love salad)

Cake or fruit?

I come from Southern Roots so of course I love cake but I love fruit too. The more exotic the more I want to try it.

Favorite kind of music?

ROCK! I love classic, 80s, hard, heavy metal, and even a lot of the Industrial stuff.

Favorite Author?

Favorite author-that’s like asking me to pick my favorite child. I have so very many but I’ll pick my top 10 of my genre: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lynsay Sands, Kerrilyn Sparks, Lora Leigh, Laura Adrian,  Denyse Bridger,  Christine Feehan,  Karen M. Moning, Kresley Cole,  and Laurann Dohner.

Vampire, Werewolf, Fairy or shifter?

I love all my supernatural boys but Vampire all the way!

Do you have pet's?

Yes, I have one dog who I think is the reincarnation of Nana from Peter Pan. She is our current Den Mother and attention hog.

Favorite animal?

I have a love of all animals and I can’t pick one but I will tell you the ones that while I might love, I am scared to death of. I am afraid of bats, sharks, crocodiles, and alligators. (blame all those horror movies for those)

City or suburbs?

I like the peacefulness of the suburbs but I love the positive energy of a city. What does that mean? The city is a great place to visit and I can’t stand to just live out in nowhere but I like to rest my head where it’s quiet and sirens aren’t sounding every twenty minutes or so.

If you could live anywere where would it be?

If I could live anywhere in the whole world it would be between Great Britain, Canada, or New Zealand. 

So I am going to add some braging in here. Only Because she won't.


  Cursed Awakening


    

   (Cursed Awakening is award wining but do you think she would tell you? No she is a down to earth Author. It was a top featured book for the day on Amazon.)  


                               
This her next book out and I can bet it will be a hit. Paranormal Dreams is a six part series of short stories, each with a paranormal theme. 


She won't tell about her Childeren Books coming out either. I will be telling you when I know thry are out. She is an amazing writer! With many talents



So my dog Gizmo is alot like me and wanted to get in again this blogging thing again. So this is Gizmo and he is interviewing Nikki's dog.






 Gizmo's question will be in Blue and Nikki's dog in Black

1. Woof, Hi I am Gizmo and you are?
 Woof, woof I am Roxy.

2. What is your favorite store?
     I am not allowed at the store.I don't know why but my humans won't let me.It's not like I'm a Diva or anything. Okay yeah, I'm a Diva but do you blame me?   



3.       What is your favorite toy?

  Justin, my little master.

4.       Do you like Lassie or Benjie better?


Neither. I have a total Bitch crush on that fellow named Tramp.

5.       Do you chase cats?
I would if my masters would let me. Me and the 


squirrels are at a stand off.


6.       Do you like off the leash parks better than walks?

I love walks and if I didn't keep my humans on a leash they'd get into all sorts of trouble.


7.       Do you enjoy belly rubs?



Of course, who doesn't? If you've never had one you've just not ever lived.

8.       Do you have a favorite season?


I'm not fond of anything wet or cold.


9.       What is your favorite treat?


I love....LOOOVE anything bacon flavored and peanut butter.


10.       Do you like to sleep on a human bed, your bed, the top of the couch or the floor?


The humans sleep in MY bed which is sometimes a pain but I love them and I like for them to be comfortable. I just wish they wouldn't snore so loud.



11.   Are you a lap dog?


I wouldn't say I am a lap dog but more of a Lap Consultant. If I don't try the goods then how can I recommend it to others?

I know I have said ths but it was a joy to do this interview! I hope Nikki enjoyed it as much as me. So a big thank you to Nikki and Foxy. Here are some links to find her at.

I hope everyone has a great day/night. I am E J Babcock I hope you come back and read my blog again.



No comments:

Post a Comment