Thursday, October 30, 2014

Guest Interview Number Four Friday?

Are we having fun yet??  I sure am please welcome my next guest.

1) Can you please introduce yourself to everyone.

Hello! I'm T.J. Loveless. I write books, drive the family to a new level of crazy when possible, work, co-own Cliffhanger Press, live in the great state of Wyoming where I have mountains to gaze at, ignore dust bunnies and their ever-growing population with a mixture of procrastination + ability to ignore anything when writing.
I have several books out, the most popular being Fractured Steel, an international bestseller. It's the first book in a series called The Imperfect Metal Series, the second being Twisted Iron. I also have a humorous contemporary fantasy series, featuring a talking, rainbow farting, cantankerous unicorn, called The Fortune Cookie Diaries.
Currently, I'm trying to wrap my brain around an idea that I'll announce later.
2) Would you like to share any work you have done or doing? 
In the writing world, nothing yet. I have a lot coming out next spring, but I have to get the logistics worked out. I also work to spread the truth about PTSD and how it affects so many in our world.
   3) Do you have a favorite genre?
Um, I read across all genres, to be honest. It just depends on my mood. From romance to thriller to urban fantasy.
4) Did you always want to write or what inspired you to do it?

I can remember writing stories in 4th grade. But for the longest time, I didn't get a word out. Then in 2000, a series hit me and I started. Oh it was awful. Horrible. Bad, bad, bad. But I finished - and ended up completely addicted LOL
5) Do you need a nice quiet space to write or are you blasting your music and writing?
I MUST have music blasting, snacks, caffeinated drink, and a spray bottle filled with white vinegar in case someone decides it's a good time to interrupt.
PS - the spray bottle does work on critters, kids, and significant others. Great deterrent

6) If you could give one tip to someone who wants to write what would it be?
It's scary. Frightening. Thrilling. Mind blowing. Insanity inducing. EVERYONE is a bad writer in the beginning! Don't worry if your rough drafts look like they were written by a toddler. Just write. Oh and a warning: I'm not kidding. When you finish that first novel, the feeling of accomplishment is an addictive rush. Feed the rush!!

7) What is the big dream? In other words where would you like your writing to take you to in the future?
I'd like to see my books make a difference, to let others who suffer from anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc., know they are not alone. That tomorrow is another day, and when they put their feet on the ground, they won a major battle. 
Okay and make a decent living off them. LOL

8) If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?
Margaret Mitchell. Anson Mount (because, well, Anson Mount). Gloria Steinem. Neil deGrasse Tyson. Carl Sagan. Madame Curie (pre-radioactive). Winston Churchill. Eleanor Roosevelt. And oh-so-many others who worked hard to make a difference in people's lives.

Now the fun questions        
1) Do you like pizza or salad?
Depends, what time of the month is it? Right now, I'm on a crazy salad craving binge. But a good pizza sounds awesome. LOL

2) What do you like more cake or fruit?
Fruit on the cake.

3) What is your favorite kind of music?
Heavy metal/rock, but also love classical, opera, old country-western, some pop, 80's, 90's, 60's & 70's rock ... Indie bands ... really it just is all over the place. I even have rap and hip/hop records.

4) Who is your favorite Author?
Hands down, Margaret Mitchell. 

5) Do you like Vampire, Werewolf, Fairy or shifter men when you read for pleasure?
Can't I have them all as my book boyfriends? It is my fantasy world ... 

6) Do you have pet's?
Don't you mean, "Do you have small critters who own you?" <~ answer is yes.

7) Do you have favorite animal not your pet's but like wild animals?

Orcas, bison, mustangs, wolves. And my favorite - sloths. I just love sloths.

8) Do you like city or suburbs better?
125+ acres in the middle of nowhere is preferred.
9) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Right where I am.

10) Do you have tattoos? Do you want one?
I don't, but I've been talking to a tattoo artist in town to do a tattoo of the spine on the cover of Fractured Steel.
11) Do you like guys with tattoos?
YES. But I'm picky.
12) Do you have a favorite place you like to be?
In the middle of nowhere, facing the Rockies/Tetons. 

 Gizmo's Corner.








 1. Hi, I am Gizmo and you are?
I'm Belle (black and tan), I'm Prinny (white), and I'm Titan (cat). We own T.J. Loveless and family. AKA - The Muses (chihuahuas) and Editor Kitty, or I'm Going to Kill the Cat. We respond to all of the above.
2.  Do you go to any stores? If so which is your favorite store?
We're allowed to go to Petco in town, because it's the only place we behave.
3.       What is your favorite toy that you play with?
Mom's shoes.
4.       Do you have a favorite animal show?
The Dog Channel on DirecTV.
5.       Do you chase cats?
The Muses: Only if he's standing still. 
6.       Do you like off the leash parks better than walks?
Belle: well, I'm not allowed off the leash because I run away.
Prinny: LOVE IT!
Titan: I must have my leash or I won't go on walks.
7.       Do you like having belly rubs?
All three: Our humans rub our bellies on demand!
8.       Do you like it when it's warm or cold out? Day or night?
All three: Warm, and during the day so we can deploy the solar panels in the sun
9.       What is your favorite treat?
All three: anything we can sneak when the humans aren't watching.
10.       Do you sleep on a human bed, a dog bed, the top of the couch, the floor or the crate?
All three: Wait. Others don't have their humans trained to sleep on small corners of the bed so we can have the rest? 

Could I get any better guests? I mean  HELLO I am just starting out I hope you like who I have and who I have up next.
 But before I go I am going to post the book covers from T.J. Loveless






I Hope you all have a great day/night! I hope you are enjoying these blogs as much as I am. I am E.J. Babcock 




2 comments:

  1. That was great Elizabeth n love her topic as well. Great Job. Insight's. When gte a chance will read more. Look's like a good arthur n looking forward to the book on PTSD....n anything along those line's. Happy Halloween Day to you all....:) Randy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a great and so much fun to interview.

      Delete